Booking Terms and Conditions
Awesome Tours NZ accepts your booking upon the following Terms:
1. We will endeavor to provide the tour as advertised on the web site or in the case of a Private Tailor-made tour, the agreed itinerary, but we reserve the right provide alternative destinations or activities should there be a problem outside of our control.
2. If we are unable to provide your tour through our own fault, [excluding acts of nature, terrorism or war] a 100% refund will be given.
3. Your tour itinerary will be followed as closely as possible but in some cases, may be affected by adverse weather or road conditions; in such cases alternative destinations and activities of a similar nature will be offered.
4. Changes made by operators of attractions and activities we visit are outside of our control but we will endeavor to minimise such occurrences by close liaison with the operators.
5. Should you choose to shorten the tour for any reason then no refund is payable for any unused portion of your tour booking.
6. Your booking will only be confirmed once payment in full has been made.
7. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- At least 60 days prior to the tour departure date, 90% of the tour price is refundable.
- 30-59 days prior to the tour departure date, 80% of the tour price is refundable.
- 10-29 days prior to the tour departure date, 50% of the tour price is refundable.
- Less than 10 days prior to the tour departure date, no refund is made.
- Once the tour has commenced, no refund is made.
- If you do not show up at the arranged meeting place and time, or you decide not to join the tour on the day, then you will forfeit all tour fees paid.
- Custom designed Tour bookings will always have a minimum $25 NZ per person non-refundable penalty for cancellations made at any time after the booking has been confirmed and the credit card charged, regardless of the cancellation period.
8. We accept no responsibility for and injury to persons or damage or loss of personal possessions belonging to those persons except that which we have legal obligation so to do.
9. We accept no responsibility for any incident, delay or changes to the arrangements, which are outside of our control.
10. Our vehicles are fully licensed as Passenger Service Vehicles, hold current Certificates of Fitness, are fully insured and will be driven only by Passenger Service endorsed drivers.
11. Where seat belts are fitted, it is the responsibility of the passengers to use them.
12. Smoking is not allowed in any tour vehicle.
13. In the unlikely event, a cruise ship is not able to dock at Port Chambers (Dunedin) on the day due to weather or mechanical difficulties – Awesome Tours NZ agrees to refund 100% of the pre-paid tour price, less all Credit Card/Bank fees incurred by Awesome Tours NZ.
14. If the cruise ship is delayed or arrives on an alternative date, every effort will be made to reschedule the tour. If we are unable to do this then a full refund will be given, less all Credit Card/Bank fees incurred by Awesome Tours NZ.
15. Awesome Tours NZ must be notified in advance when a booking is made if any of the party have limited mobility or health issues that may limit their ability to partake in the tour program using the standard tour vehicles. Awesome Tours NZ does offer tours that specifically cater for clients with mobility issues and equipment [wheel chairs etc]. If a client has mobility issues and books a tour that is not designed for that type of person, Awesome Tours NZ will not be responsible for any part or claim if the tours cannot be undertaken by the client.
16. Clients who dispute an Awesome Tours NZ credit card charge by filing a charge back notice with their credit card companies will be charged a $50 NZ administrative fee (per charge back notice) by Awesome Tours NZ if the charge back is ruled in the favor of Awesome Tours NZ by the financial institution.
17. Tours are planned to get you back to the ship in good time. Should you be unable to rejoin the ship for any reason before it departs the port, Awesome Tours NZ will assist in arranging transfers to the next port of call to rejoin the ship, but will not be liable for any costs incurred. Travel insurance is available for such incidents. Please note that in 12 years of business no client has ever missed a ship.
18. All credit card payments/refunds will be in New Zealand dollars. If a tour is cancelled and a refund is given, this refund will be at the same NZD value your card was originally charged. Therefore. The amount received may differ to the original payment when converted back to your own account’s currency. Awesome Tours NZ does not accept any liability for any variances or credit card/bank charges relating to these transferrers.